To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.0 or greater is installed.
Recruiters often look for completed projects to provide insight into the skills and knowledge that you bring
to a future position. When you list this information, employers can see where your experience lies based on
real-world examples and in a tangible way. This is a much more compelling story to tell versus just listing
courses you completed.
• Information about projects completed within coursework can be included in the Education section or as a
separate section on your resume (ex. “Academic Experience”, “Project Experience” or
• Include the title of the project, the course it was completed for, any leadership role you had while
completing the project, and related information on skills, software, or programming used to complete
• Always use the terminology that is listed as a part of the job posting if you can.
• Remember to include transferable (or “soft”) skills that were key to completing the project, such as
leadership, communication, and organization.
Education The College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN
Bachelor of Science in Biology
• 3.45 GPA
Senior Design Project
Construction of a Seedling Irrigation System
Designed and implemented a mechanical process to water seedlings inside of a
greenhouse, allowing year-round growing in remote Midwest city. Developed proposals,
reviews, budgets, usermanuals, and a working prototype that was delivered to the customer.
Example 2: Listing a class project on your resume as a separate entry. Highlights course name.
Management Communications (ENG 3364) - Revision to Marketing Major Proposal
• Worked as a team to develop two revised undergraduate marketing schemas
• Interviewed a variety of academic departments and local marketing employers for input
• Project chosen to be entered into Conference Exhibition
Example 3: Listing multiple projects as one line each (to save space)
Related Technology Projects (or Course Projects)
• Conducted an exercise to scan and test network security for regional delivery company
using x software
• Served as team lead to track fictitious network of resources and logistics to assess net
work security at y organization
• Worked colletively to develop a network-based solution to a student data use problem
using x and y tools during four-month period
13 listing projects and coursework on resume
Example 1: Formatting a project in the Education section of your resume
Job Search Handbook
LISTING PROJECTS AND COURSEWORK ON YOUR RESUME